Update 3:58 p.m. Heads up: In preparation for the Oscars, Hollywood Boulevard will be closed between Highland Avenue and Orange Drive starting Sunday at 10 p.m. It will remain closed until March 4 at 6 a.m. You can find more information about upcoming Oscars-related closures on the Academy Awards' official website.
Previously we reported there will be a 55-hour closure on the State Route 118 westbound connector to the southbound SR-23 at Princeton Avenue from 10 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday. Nearby ramps will also close. For more information, check out this press release from Caltrans District 7.
Next, Caltrans will fully close Interstate 5 from Alondra Boulevard to Rosecrans Avenue. The closure begins Saturday night at 12:01 a.m. and is expected to conclude Sunday at 8 a.m.
Some more closures to keep in mind:
West County Connectors
- I-405, I-605, SR-22: These freeways and surrounding ramps and streets regularly see night closures throughout the week and sometimes into the weekend. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Pioneer Boulevard: The southbound 5 off-ramp at Pioneer Boulevard/Imperial Highway will be permanently closed through April 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Imperial Highway: The northbound 5 off-ramp at Imperial Highway is permanently closed. Read More
- Ramp and Lane Closures: The 57 freeway regularly sees a number of ramp and lane closures for the Orange County Transportation Authority's widening project. Read More
- Freeway Closure: The 405 freeway experiences nightly closures at various locations in Los Angeles. Read More
- Freeway Closure: Caltrans will close portions of 60 from the 605 to the 57 separation through Sunday. It's part of a pavement rehabilitation project. Read More
- Connector and Ramp Closures: Caltrans will close one lane of the northbound U.S. 101 to southbound 110 and southbound U.S. 101 to northbound 110 connectors for approximately four months beginning in late January. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Olympic Boulevard: On-ramp closed at 710 SB at Olympic Blvd. for long-term bridge construction until 2014. Read More
- Lane Closure: Lane closure at New Dock Street to Henry Ford Blvd. on 47 north and south for bridge work until 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at New Dock Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB New Dock Street on Northbound 47 for bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- Lane Closure: The north and southbound 215 will be affected by two lane changes and ramp closures between Mccall Boulevard and Scott Road until 2014. Read More
- Bridge Closure: Several bridges at various locations spread across six different state routes will be closed nightly for rehabilitation (Interstates 15 and 215 and State Routes 60, 66, 91 and 210) Read More
- South Firestone Boulevard: Caltrans will fully close South Firestone Boulevard in both directions from Rosecrans Avenue to just south of Silverbow Avenue through April 2014. Read More
- Corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues: Adoree Street will be fully closed between Kalnor Avenue and the corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues through late February 2014. The corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues will also be fully closed. Read More
- Myrtle Avenue: Myrtle Avenue will be closed just north of Duarte Road near the railroad crossing for approximately four months. Read More
Metro and Metrolink Alerts
- Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus: Due to Expo Line Phase II construction, Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus will temporarily close a number of Route 5 and Route 12 stops until further notice. Read More
Bike Route Alerts
- Coyote Creek Bike Path: Coyote Creek bike paths will be closed from Alondra Boulevard to Artesia Boulevard until May 2015. Read More