The annual LA Marathon is happening this weekend, and that means roads from Dodgers Stadium to Santa Monica will be closed for a good portion of Sunday. Closures will begin as early as 4 a.m. and continue through 5 p.m.
A detailed list of closures can be found on LA Marathon’s website.
In the San Gabriel Valley, the Foothill Extension Project is making its way to Foothill Boulevard where crews will work on three bridges. That means Foothill Boulevard will be closed between Vernon Avenue and Orange Avenue beginning Friday at 9 p.m. The street is expected to reopen Monday, but will again close March 14.
Here are some more construction-related closures:
West County Connectors
- I-405, I-605, SR-22: These freeways and surrounding ramps and streets connecting Orange and Los Angeles counties regularly see night closures throughout the week and sometimes into the weekend. Read More
- Freeway Closure: Caltrans will completely close the southbound 5 freeway from Carmenita Road to Valley View Avenue through Saturday morning. The nightly closures will be in effect from 11:59 p.m. to 5 a.m. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Pioneer Boulevard: The southbound 5 off-ramp at Pioneer Boulevard/Imperial Highway will be permanently closed through April 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Imperial Highway: The northbound 5 off-ramp at Imperial Highway is permanently closed. Read More
- Connector Closure: The connector from north- and southbound I-605 to eastbound SR-60 freeway will be closed nightly Friday through Sunday from 11 p.m. to 11 a.m. Read More
- Connector Closure: The southbound I-605 connector to southbound I-5 will be closed nightly from 11:30 p.m. to 5 a.m. Motorists can continue on southbound I-605 to eastbound SR-91 to southbound I-5. Read More
- Ramp and Lane Closures: The 57 freeway regularly sees a number of ramp and lane closures for the Orange County Transportation Authority's widening project. Read More
- Freeway Closure: The 405 freeway experiences nightly closures at various locations in Los Angeles. Read More
- Connector and Ramp Closures: Caltrans will close one lane of the northbound U.S. 101 to southbound 110 and southbound U.S. 101 to northbound 110 connectors for approximately four months beginning in late January. Read More
- Lane Closure: Lane closure at New Dock Street to Henry Ford Blvd. on 47 north and south for bridge work until 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at New Dock Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB New Dock Street on Northbound 47 for bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- Lane Closure: The north and southbound 215 will be affected by two lane changes and ramp closures between Mccall Boulevard and Scott Road until 2014. Read More
This post has been updated.