405 freeway to shut down in West Los Angeles
The 405 South between Santa Monica Boulevard and National Boulevard will close starting Thursday night at midnight and stay closed until 5 a.m. Friday. Crews will return Saturday to close the freeway at midnight until 5 a.m. Sunday.
The southbound 405 connector to the east and westbound 10 Freeway will also be closed.
Crews will also work on the 405 North between Santa Monica Boulevard and Wilshire Boulevard starting Friday at midnight through 5 a.m. Saturday.
For both directions of the closures, ramps will close as early as 7 p.m. and lanes will close as early as 10 p.m.
Emergency rock scaling closes Ortega Highway
After recent rains, Caltrans will remove large and unstable rocks on the hills surrounding the 74 Freeway, which will be closed as follows:
- The highway will be closed in both directions for 48 hours, starting Friday at 11:59 p.m. until Sunday at 11:59 p.m.
- Eastbound traffic will not be allowed past the closure at 74 freeway and Antonio Parkway (La Pata) in Orange County. Local traffic, with appropriate identification, may be allowed access to their homes or work locations.
- Westbound traffic from Riverside County will not be allowed to proceed past the closure of 74 freeway at Grand Avenue. Residents with proper identification will be allowed access to their homes.
That's not all:
West County Connectors
- I-405, I-605, SR-22: These freeways and surrounding ramps and streets regularly see night closures throughout the week and sometimes into the weekend. Read More
- SR-33: The Maricopa Highway will remain closed to all but residents for the next two to three weeks as Caltrans removes rocks from the slopes 20 miles north of Ojai (Sespe Gorge) in an effort to prevent future rock slides. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Pioneer Boulevard: The southbound 5 off-ramp at Pioneer Boulevard/Imperial Highway will be permanently closed through April 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Imperial Highway: The northbound 5 off-ramp at Imperial Highway is permanently closed. Read More
- Freeway Closure: The 2 freeway will remain closed between Vincent’s Gap and Islip Saddle west of Wrightwood in San Bernardino County due to rock fall and slide material making its way down the saturated slopes and onto the road surface. Read More
- Ramp and Lane Closures: The 57 freeway regularly sees a number of ramp and lane closures for the Orange County Transportation Authority's widening project. Read More
- Freeway Closure: Caltrans will close the southbound 405 from Atlantic Avenue to Lakewood Boulevard starting Saturday at 11 p.m. until Sunday at 7 a.m. Crews will demolish and reconstruct a damaged portion of the Temple Avenue Bridge. Read More
- Freeway Closure: The 405 freeway experiences nightly closures at various locations in Los Angeles. Read More
- Freeway Closure: Caltrans will close southbound Topanga Canyon Boulevard from Rodeo Grounds Lane to Pacific Coast Highway on Tuesday to install a sign structure. The highway is subject to closure for two hours between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Connector and Ramp Closures: Caltrans will close one lane of the northbound U.S. 101 to southbound 110 and southbound U.S. 101 to northbound 110 connectors for approximately four months beginning in late January. Read More
- Lane Closure: Lane closure at New Dock Street to Henry Ford Blvd. on 47 north and south for bridge work until 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at New Dock Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB New Dock Street on Northbound 47 for bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- Lane Closure: The north and southbound 215 will be affected by two lane changes and ramp closures between Mccall Boulevard and Scott Road until 2014. Read More
- Freeway Closure: The northbound 15 freeway will close nightly between Oak Hills Road and US 395 March 16 and 17. Lane reductions start at 9 p.m. and full northbound closures begin at midnight and continue through 6 a.m. Read More
- South Firestone Boulevard: Caltrans will fully close South Firestone Boulevard in both directions from Rosecrans Avenue to just south of Silverbow Avenue through April 2014. Read More
- Myrtle Avenue: Myrtle Avenue will be closed just north of Duarte Road near the railroad crossing for approximately four months. Read More
Metro and Metrolink Alerts
- Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus: Due to Expo Line Phase II construction, Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus will temporarily close a number of Route 5 and Route 12 stops until further notice. Read More
Bike Route Alerts
- Coyote Creek Bike Path: Coyote Creek bike paths will be closed from Alondra Boulevard to Artesia Boulevard until May 2015. Read More
- Mission Viejo: Orange County Sheriff’s Department DUI Task Force will conduct a DUI/Driver’s license checkpoint on Friday in the city of Mission Viejo between the hours of 6 p.m. to 2 a.m.