Got caught on the 405 Freeway last week because of a closure in West Los Angeles? Don't say we didn't warn you: It's happening again.
The closures, part of the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project, will allow "installation of a full-span freeway overhead sign and to conduct other roadway construction activities."
The 405 south is scheduled to close nightly between Santa Monica Boulevard and National Boulevard through Sunday:
- Friday and Saturday from midnight to 6 a.m.
- Thursday and Sunday from midnight to 5 a.m.
Lanes will begin closing at 10 p.m. The following ramps and connectors will begin closing at 7 p.m.:
- Southbound Santa Monica on-ramp
- Southbound Sunset on-ramps
- Southbound Wilshire on-ramps
- Southbound 405 to eastbound 10 connector
- Southbound 405 to westbound 10 connector
Foothill Boulevard closed in San Gabriel Valley
The Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension Construction Authority will close Foothill Boulevard this weekend as it works on new rail bridges in Azusa.
Foothill Boulevard will be closed to through-traffic in both directions between Vernon and Orange avenues. The closure begins Friday at 9 p.m. and continues until Monday at 5 a.m. Daily closures on eastbound Foothill Boulevard will follow for the next six weeks.
More scheduled closures, including one on the 91 Freeway, and DUI checkpoints can be found below:
West County Connectors
- I-405, I-605, SR-22: These freeways and surrounding ramps and streets regularly see night closures throughout the week and sometimes into the weekend. Read More
- Freeway Closure: The Maricopa Highway will remain closed to all but residents for the next one to two weeks as Caltrans removes rocks from the slopes 20 miles north of Ojai (Sespe Gorge) in an effort to prevent future rock slides. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Pioneer Boulevard: The southbound 5 off-ramp at Pioneer Boulevard/Imperial Highway will be permanently closed through April 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Imperial Highway: The northbound 5 off-ramp at Imperial Highway is permanently closed. Read More
- Freeway Closure: Caltrans will close 91 in both directions between Central and University Avenues. The nightly closures start Friday and continue until Sunday. Read More
- Freeway Closure: The 2 freeway will remain closed between Vincent’s Gap and Islip Saddle west of Wrightwood in San Bernardino County due to rock fall and slide material making its way down the saturated slopes and onto the road surface. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Sunset Avenue: The Sunset Avenue on- and off-ramp to the westbound 10 freeway will be closed until April 27. Read More
- Ramp and Lane Closures: The 57 freeway regularly sees a number of ramp and lane closures for the Orange County Transportation Authority's widening project. Read More
- Freeway Closure: The 405 freeway experiences nightly closures at various locations in Los Angeles. Read More
- Connector and Ramp Closures: Caltrans will close one lane of the northbound U.S. 101 to southbound 110 and southbound U.S. 101 to northbound 110 connectors for approximately four months beginning in late January. Read More
- Lane Closure: Lane closure at New Dock Street to Henry Ford Blvd. on 47 north and south for bridge work until 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at New Dock Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB New Dock Street on Northbound 47 for bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Columbia Street: The Columbia Street on-ramp to the northbound 215 freeway will be closed through March 31. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Center Street: The Center Street off-ramp from northbound 215 freeway will be closed through March 31. Read More
- Lane Closure: The north and southbound 215 will be affected by two lane changes and ramp closures between Mccall Boulevard and Scott Road until 2014. Read More
- Sepulveda Boulevard: Sepulveda Boulevard will be closed between Mountaingate Drive and Skirball Center Drive starting Friday at 9 p.m. until Saturday at 6 a.m. Skirball Bridge will also be closed. Sepulveda Boulevard will be reduced to one lane in each direction. Mountaingate Drive eastbound 2, 3 lanes will be closed for restriping. Beginning Friday at 9 p.m., Sepulveda Boulevard will be reduced to one northbound lane between Mountaingate Drive and Skirball Center Drive to conduct roadway construction on the northbound No. 2 lane. The closure will remain in effect until April 21. Read More
- Foothill Boulevard: For six weeks starting Monday, eastbound Foothill Boulevard between between Vernon and Orange avenues will be closed daily from 4 a.m. to 2 p.m. Read More
- South Firestone Boulevard: Caltrans will fully close South Firestone Boulevard in both directions from Rosecrans Avenue to just south of Silverbow Avenue through April 2014. Read More
- Myrtle Avenue: Myrtle Avenue will be closed just north of Duarte Road near the railroad crossing for approximately four months. Read More
Bike Route Alerts
- Coyote Creek Bike Path: Coyote Creek bike paths will be closed from Alondra Boulevard to Artesia Boulevard until May 2015. Read More
DUI Checkpoint/Saturation Patrol
- Hollywood: Extra police cars looking for drunk drivers tonight from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Hollywood Boulevard: Checkpoint scheduled at Hollywood Boulevard and Bronson Avenue Friday from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.