Attorney: Donald Sterling says no deal on Clippers; lawsuit is on

File photo: Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling attends the NBA playoff game between the Clippers and the Golden State Warriors on April 21, 2014 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Sterling's lawyer said Monday a deal to sell the team negotiated by his wife, Shelly Sterling, was off, and that Sterling planned to move ahead with a lawsuit against the league.
File photo: Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling attends the NBA playoff game between the Clippers and the Golden State Warriors on April 21, 2014 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Sterling's lawyer said Monday a deal to sell the team negotiated by his wife, Shelly Sterling, was off, and that Sterling planned to move ahead with a lawsuit against the league. Robyn Beck/Getty Images

An attorney for Donald Sterling says the Los Angeles Clippers owner has pulled his support from a deal to sell the team to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and will pursue his $1 billion federal lawsuit against the NBA.

Attorney Maxwell Blecher says Monday that Sterling "instructed (us) to prosecute the lawsuit" and the deal's off.

The $2 billion sale was negotiated by wife Shelly Sterling after Donald Sterling's racist remarks to a girlfriend were publicized and the NBA moved to oust him as owner. The lawsuit alleges the league violated his constitutional rights, antitrust laws and committed breach of contract.

Donald Sterling agreed to ink the deal and drop the suit last week, but then decided against it after learning the NBA won't revoke its lifetime ban and fine.

blog comments powered by Disqus