Two teenagers accused of planning to go on a shooting rampage at South Pasadena High School each denied charges Wednesday that they made criminal threats against another student, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.
The 16-year-old and 17-year-old boys were each charged with one count of making criminal threats and denied the charges in Pasadena Juvenile Court Wednesday, according to DA spokeswoman Jean Guccione.
The teens were arrested Monday after they allegedly plotted to kill three school staff members and "random students" as well, according to South Pasadena Police Chief Art Miller. They told another teen about their plan and later threatened to kill the unidentified teen, Deputy District Attorney Rebecca Lewis said in a written statement. The charges stem from that alleged threat.
No weapons were found in their homes but police said the teens were researching weapons and how to make explosives. Investigators were tipped off to the planned attack last Thursday and had been keeping the teens under surveillance until they served search warrants on their homes Monday.
This story has been updated.