Former rap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight has been charged with murder and attempted murder by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office. The charges follow his alleged involvement in a fatal hit-and-run last week in Compton. If convicted, he could face life in prison.
Knight is now jailed in Los Angeles on a no-bail hold following his arrest on suspicion of murder in the death of a man in Compton. Knight was originally held in lieu of $2 million bail after his arrest Friday.
Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Nicole Nishida says detectives petitioned a bail commissioner on Monday to change his status to no bail due to Knight being a possible flight risk, a three-strikes candidate, possible witness intimidation issues and his criminal past.
Authorities allege Knight killed one man and injured another with his pickup truck on Thursday.
Attorney James Blatt says Knight accidentally ran over the men as he tried to escape a vicious attack.
Knight is scheduled to appear at the Compton courthouse Tuesday.
This story has been updated.