Joe Raedle/Getty Images
Gloria Noriega stocks the shelves with J.K. Rowling’s new novel, "The Casual Vacancy", as it goes on sale at the Books and Books store on September 27, 2012 in Coral Gables, Florida. The book is the first novel by the author that is aimed at adult readers.
It's only one more day until Christmas, so many people are panicking about what to buy. It's no question what book critic David Kipen might suggest for a present.
Books! We'll talk to him and get his recommendations:
- "The (Library of America) Anthology of 1950's Science Fiction"
- "Dodgers from Coast to Coast"
- "Magic Hours" by Tom Bissell
- "Far From the Tree" by Andrew Solomon
- "The One, a biography of James Brown" by RJ Smith
- "Hollywood Cinema and the Real Los Angeles" by Mark Shiel
- "Piecing Together Los Angeles: An Esther McCoy Reader"
- "Masha'allah and Other Stories"
- "The Thief and the Dogs" by Naguib Mahfouz's