It's only one more day until Christmas, so many people are panicking about what to buy. It's no question what book critic David Kipen might suggest for a present.
Books! We'll talk to him and get his recommendations:
- "The (Library of America) Anthology of 1950's Science Fiction"
- "Dodgers from Coast to Coast"
- "Magic Hours" by Tom Bissell
- "Far From the Tree" by Andrew Solomon
- "The One, a biography of James Brown" by RJ Smith
- "Hollywood Cinema and the Real Los Angeles" by Mark Shiel
- "Piecing Together Los Angeles: An Esther McCoy Reader"
- "Masha'allah and Other Stories"
- "The Thief and the Dogs" by Naguib Mahfouz's