Our state capitol is a town known for politics, but there's plenty of fun to be had there, too. That's something our favorite King of Kitsch, Charles Phoenix, recently discovered.
He drops by from time to time to tell us about cultural gems here in southern California. Lately he's been spending a lot of time on the road, finding retro-themed entertainment in all sorts of places.
Charles joins us now to tell us about what he discovered in Sacramento.
Recent Field Trip: Sacramento
- Breakfast with local clown club at Pancake Circus
- City of great neon
- Crest Theater, a restored 1949 downtown Movie Palace
- Iceland reopens after the devastating fire, landmark 1940 ice rink comes back
- Gunther's Ice Cream Shop, Undiscovered mid-century modern masterpiece
- Chance meeting of 100-year-old Curly Bunfill with his cherry 1956 Cadillac in the parking lot of Sam's
- Alex's recommendation: Delta King