Photo by Yelp Inc. via Flickr Creative Commons
Lists of the nation's top restaurants usually include the likes of The French Laundry in Napa, Alinea in Chicago, or Per Se in New York.
These are Michelin-starred places where a meal can set you back by hundreds per person. But sometimes you don't need to break the bank to eat the very best.
Yelp just compiled its list of the country's top 100 restaurants by averaging out reader-submitted reviews.
The very best in Southern California is an institution in Burbank at the busy corner of Magnolia Boulevard and North Hollywood Way -- Porto's Bakery.
Meanwhile, the nation's top place is tucked away in a condo complex in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii: Da Poke Shack, a humble seafood joint with just two tables AND bragging rights that it's number one.
Betty Porto of Porto's Bakery and Albert Vasconcelles, owner of Da Poke Shack, join Take Two to explain why their places are beloved online.
What else in the LA-area is on Yelp's list:
- 17. Ricky’s Fish Tacos, Los Angeles, CA
- 46. El Chato Taco Truck, Los Angeles, CA
- 62. District Wine, Long Beach, CA
- 64. Bludso’s BBQ, Compton, CA
- 65. Tiki Juice Bar, Anaheim, CA
- 74. Mattern Sausage & Deli, Orange, CA
- 75. The Market Grill, Monrovia, CA
- 76. Urasawa, Beverly Hills, CA
- 88. Kang Hodong Baekjeong, Los Angeles, CA
- 90. Stuff I Eat, Inglewood, CA
- 92. Hy Mart Sandwiches, North Hollywood, CA
- 94. Mastro’s Steakhouse, Beverly Hills, CA