The California Artisanal Distillers Guild, the trade association for the state's burgeoning craft distillers, called this year for Los Angeles cocktail lovers to help create a drink that embodies the City of Angels.
The winner of the search for L.A.'s signature cocktail is the Griffith.
The vodka cocktail was created by Culver City resident, Josh Lurie, and is named for the large park in the heart of Los Angeles. The cocktail is a mix of organic ingredients distilled and grown in L.A. County.
Litty Mathew, founder and spirits maker at Greensbar Distillery, joins Take Two to talk about (and taste) the winning cocktail.
- 1 oz TRU organic garden vodka
- 1 oz GRAND POPPY organic bitter liqueur (made with Calif poppies)
- 1 oz freshly squeezed local lemons
- 1 oz simple syrup (half sugar, half water)
- 2-3 slices fresh local cucumbers
Muddle cucumbers, add rest and shake with ice. Strain into martini glass and garnish with a cucumber ribbon.