Bon Appetit released its annual list of the 50 best new restaurants in America, and five L.A. restaurants made the list.
Those five restaurants are (pro tip: make your reservations now):
- Cassia, a stylish Santa Monica restaurant serving French-Vietnamese dishes.
- Trois Familia, a Silver Lake strip-mall spot for breakfast and lunch serving French-Mexican plates like churro French toast with Mexican chocolate.
- RiceBar, a tiny, 7-seat downtown L.A. hole-in-the-wall with Filipino rice bowls.
- Baroo, an unmarked cafe in East Hollywood that plays with all kinds of fermentation and grain bowls.
- Winsome, an airy cafe-diner in Echo Park with a mix of comfort-meets-California food.
For more about the new restaurants in L.A. that have made a splash this year, Libby Denkmann spoke to Julia Kramer, Bon Appetit senior editor. Then, she talked to Med Abrous, co-owner of the Echo Park cafe Winsome, which was named to the list.