This week, on State of Affairs:
- Republican Assembly leader Chad Mayes crossed party lines this week, lending his vote to Jerry Brown's cap-and-trade extension — but activists in his party aren't taking kindly to the break in ranks.
- Some CA members of the House GOP are in a rock and a hard place this week after the health bill they kicked to the Senate gets stuck there.
- California Democrats scored another win with cap-and-trade, but could it be one victory too far for those in swing districts?
- Also: She's a liberal Democrat from California; he's from Kentucky and a Libertarian Republican. Senators Kamala Harris and Rand Paul are teaming up to reform the nation's bail system. Maybe bipartisanship isn't dead after all.
- Carla Marinucci, senior editor for Politico's California Playbook
- Sherry Bebitch Jeffe, professor of public policy at USC