SCPR Legacy Society
Making a bequest to Southern California Public Radio, a 501(c)(3) organization, is a simple way to share public media with current and future generations. You can name SCPR as a beneficiary of your will, trust, retirement plan, life insurance policy, or financial account, or fund a charitable gift annuity or trust that may provide you with tax benefits and income. Anyone can make a bequest and no amount is too small.
WAYS TO GIVE
You can name SCPR in your long-range plans including:
- Your will or trust with wording such as: "I hereby give to Southern California Public Radio, a not-for-profit organization with offices at 474 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91105, the sum of $_______; or _______% of the residue of my estate."
- IRA or retirement plan beneficiary
- Life insurance beneficiary
- Financial account
- Annuities and Trusts: SCPR offers charitable trusts and annuities through the California Community Foundation. These planned giving vehicles can provide tax benefits, income for you or your family, and estate planning advantages. At your request we will provide you with a customized proposal that illustrates your potential tax benefits and income.
- In 2013, donors age 70 1/2 and older were potentially eligible to transfer up to $100,000 in gifts directly from an IRA to SCPR without counting the distribution as gross income. This tax benefit expired on December 31, 2013 and we’ll update this site as information on 2014 laws becomes available. For your reference the 2013 sample letter to plan administrators is available on the IRA DISTRIBUTION page.
SCPR’s Tax ID is # 95-476-5734. Before finalizing your charitable plans we encourage you to seek the counsel of your legal or financial advisor.
Why should you join the Legacy Society?
The Legacy Society honors members who have included Southern California Public Radio in their long-term plans.
Legacy Society benefits include:
- Invitations to special events
- VIP Tours of the Mohn Broadcast Center
- Recognition of your commitment in the Annual Report
- Opportunities to meet other Legacy Society members
If you have questions or would like additional information please contact Katherine Gfeller, Planned Giving Officer, at 626-583-5145 or email@example.com. Thank you for considering a gift to SCPR. Southern California Public Radio, 474 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91105.