SCPR Legacy Society
The Legacy Society honors members who have included Southern California Public Radio, a 501(c)(3) organization, in their wills and estates. Planned gifts may offer you tax benefits and income while allowing you to make a more significant gift.
Ready to join the Legacy Society, or want more information?
WAYS TO GIVE
You can name SCPR in your long-range plans including:
- Will or trust
It’s easy to put SCPR in your trust or will by using wording such as: "I hereby give to Southern California Public Radio, a not-for-profit organization with offices at 474 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91105, the sum of $_______; or _______% of the residue of my estate."
- Life insurance beneficiary
- IRA or retirement plan beneficiary
- Annuities and Trusts: SCPR offers charitable trusts and annuities through the California Community Foundation. These planned giving vehicles can provide tax benefits, income for you or your family, and estate planning advantages. At your request we will provide you with a customized proposal that illustrates your potential tax benefits and income.
- If you are age 70 1/2 or older you may transfer up to $100,000 in gifts directly from your IRA to SCPR on or before December 31, 2013. For more information and a sample letter to your plan administrator please visit the IRA DISTRIBUTION page.
SCPR’s Tax ID is # 95-476-5734. Before finalizing your charitable plans we encourage you to seek the counsel of your legal or financial advisor.
Why should you join the Legacy Society?
Ensure the future of public media by joining over 100 members who have included SCPR in their trusts or wills.
Legacy Society benefits include:
- Invitations to special events
- VIP Tours of the Mohn Broadcast Center
- Recognition of your commitment in the Annual Report
- Opportunities to meet other Legacy Society members
If you have questions or would like additional information please contact Katherine Gfeller, Planned Giving Officer, at 626-583-5145 or email@example.com. Thank you for considering a gift to SCPR. Southern California Public Radio, 474 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91105.