- LAPD Chief Beck apparently loves supercross motorcycle racing:
(Wait, Excitebike is real?)
(via L.A. Observed)
- You can also watch a video of Dodger Stadium being converted into a motocross field through mammoth heapings of dirt: (via Echo Park Patch)
- TNT is looking at picking up Frank Darabont's "L.A. Noir" pilot. Darabont is best known for being behind the film adaptation of "The Shawshank Redemption," as well as the TV version of "The Walking Dead." (Note: Unrelated to the "L.A. Noire" with an E video game. Sorry kids.)
- Finding severed heads isn't limited to L.A.'s Griffith Park; New York City subway riders found one wedged between the train car and the platform over the weekend.
- Comedian Mike Birbiglia's "Sleepwalk With Me" is debuting at Sundance, based on his stage show of the same name. Check out a scene from the film:
- The fact that there is a B.P.R.D. summer camp for kids, based on the paranormal investigation agency from Hellboy, makes me so angry I'm not a kid anymore.
- Enough talk about what movies were great this year. What was awful? Here's Vulture's roundup of the worst movies of 2011 lists.
- Update: Stephen Colbert's attempt to get people to vote for him via Herman Cain didn't work out, as he only received 1 percent of the vote in South Carolina.
- Finally, a fantastic cover of Robyn's "Call Your Girlfriend":
Chief Beck loves supercross, Stephen Colbert's run for presidency comes up short & severed heads coast to coast
Enjoy Without A Net? Try KPCC’s other blogs.
May 22, 2018
May 7, 2018
February 23, 2018