The California Highway Patrol has closed Angeles Crest Highway about three miles north of the 210 in the Angeles National Forest near La Canada Flintridge after a man's body was discovered this morning near the Angeles Crest Forest Fire Station.
The man's body was discovered around 5 a.m. on the Angeles Crest Highway by a passing motorist who called 911. CHP had originally anticipated reopening the highway at 10:30, but it now thinks it will be closed for most of the day.
DETOUR INFORMATION FOR SR-2 ANGELES CREST HIGHWAY (via @CHPsouthern)
- Take Angeles Forest Hwy To Big Tujunga Canyon Rd
- Turn Left On Big Tujunga Canyon Rd Which Becomes Oro Vista Ave
- Continue To Foothill Blvd
- Take Wb Foothill Blvd To Mount Gleason Ave
- Turn Right On Mount Gleason Ave To Big Tujunga Canyon Rd
- Turn Right On Big Tujunga Canyon Rd To Angeles Forest Hwy
- Turn Right On Angeles Forest Hwy To Angeles Crest Hwy
This post has been updated.
Lisa Brenner can be reached via Twitter @lisa_brenner