Email this to a friend:

One big deferred action challenge: How does one prove they've lived in the U.S. for 5 years?

During the past two months, ever since the Obama administration announced it would allow young undocumented immigrants to apply for temporary legal status starting today, perhaps the most onerous part of the process for applicants has been procuring the paperwork they'll need to document that they meet the requirements for eligibility.