Come Partner with StoryCorps!
KPCC's Crawford Family Forum is pleased to host StoryCorps' Community Partnership Meeting to be held on August 19. This informational meeting is intended to establish outreach partnerships with community based organizations that will be instrumental in gathering a diverse set of stories during the StoryCorps MobileTour's stay in Los Angeles.
StoryCorps will be recording the stories, life experiences and conversations of everyday people in Los Angeles from October 23 - November 16. Each conversation is recorded free of charge. Participants receive a complimentary CD and with participant permission each conversation is preserved at the American Folk Life Center at the Library of Congress. Selected stories are broadcast every Friday on NPR’s Morning Edition. Local stories will also be broadcast on KPCC.
Admission is FREE, but RSVPs are required.
9:30am - Doors Open
10:00am - Program
What people are saying...
- "Wonderful, wish we had more time! The atmosphere was very conducive to talking; we felt very comfortable there."
- "I must say - from the moment we reserved our time, we were treated with great care and professionalism. You do great work! Blessings to all!"
- "This was a memorable experience and treasured time spent with my lifelong friend."
- "The experience touched us both very deeply."
Listen to more stories:
- Paul Crowley with his barber Anthony Bravo Esparza: "I've never seen you turn anybody away."
- Bishop Ricardo Ramirez: "She was one of those women who would grab a rattlesnake by the tail and snap its head off."