If you're traveling south on the 405 Freeway this weekend, expect a short detour during a five-hour full closure from midnight Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday while crews realign lanes.
The 405 closures will affect the stretch of freeway in West Los Angeles between Sunset and Wilshire Boulevards. Lanes will begin to close at 11 p.m. on Saturday and ramps will begin to close at 7 p.m.
Crossing the Orange curtain this weekend? You might want to know that the West County Connectors project — the one that affects the 22, 405 and 605 — is ongoing through Saturday. Check out a map with detailed information regarding the work schedule, closure times and recommended detours.
Also, with New Year's around the corner, police agencies in L.A. and Orange counties are on the lookout for drunk drivers. Check out a list of scheduled DUI checkpoints. Instead you might want to consider public transit: Metro is offering free rides on New Year's to discourage people from driving under the influence. Orange County Transportation Authority is doing the same. You can see a full list of your New Year's options here.
Most transportation agencies will halt work on New Year's Eve and day, but some roads will still be closed. Here's a list of what you can expect to encounter:
- Ramp Closure at Alondra Boulevard: Northbound 5 on-ramp closed at Alondra Boulevard for bridge demolition. Read More
- Ramp Closure at EB/WB Tuxford Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB Tuxford Street on southbound I-5 for shoulder reconstruction until the end of the year. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Pioneer Boulevard: The southbound 5 off-ramp at Pioneer Boulevard/Imperial Highway will be permanently closed through April 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Imperial Highway: The northbound 5 off-ramp at Imperial Highway is permanently closed. Read More
- Ramp and Lane Closures: The 57 freeway regularly sees a number of ramp and lane closures for the Orange County Transportation widening project. Read More
- Freeway Closure: The 405 freeway experiences nightly closures at various locations in Los Angeles, such as a connector closure from the 101 freeway to 405 south. See if a closure might affect your commute this weekend: Read More
- Ramp Closure at Olympic Boulevard: On-ramp closed at 710 SB at Olympic Blvd. for long-term bridge construction until 2014. Read More
- Lane Closure: Lane closure at New Dock Street to Henry Ford Blvd. on 47 north and south for bridge work until 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at New Dock Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB New Dock Street on Northbound 47 for bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- Construction Update for 2/5 connector: The northbound 2 freeway connector to the northbound 5 freeway is closed due to damages sustained in a fiery tanker crash July 13. Construction repairs began Nov. 5. Read More
- Lane Closure: The north and southbound 215 will be affected by two lane changes and ramp closures between Mccall Boulevard and Scott Road until 2014. Read More
- Silverbow Avenue: Caltrans has scheduled an 8-day full closure of the Silverbow Avenue Pedestrian Overcrossing in order to demolish and construct temporary stairs. Demolition work is scheduled to begin Sunday at 11 p.m. and end Monday at 5 a.m. Work will continue Monday and Tuesday; Thursday and Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Read More
- South Firestone Boulevard: Caltrans will fully close South Firestone Boulevard in both directions from Rosecrans Avenue to just south of Silverbow Avenue through April 2014. Read More
- Alondra Boulevard and Freeway Drive Intersection: The Alondra Boulevard and Freeway Drive intersection will be closed until Feb. 14, 2014. Alondra Boulevard Bridge will also be closed until mid/late 2014. Read More
- Corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues: Adoree Street will be fully closed between Kalnor Avenue and the corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues through late February 2014. The corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues will also be fully closed. Read More
- 1st Avenue and Santa Clara Street intersection: The intersection of 1st Avenue and Santa Clara Street in the City of Arcadia will be completely closed as crews start constructing grade crossing improvements. The intersection is expected to reopen in February 2014. Read More
- California Avenue and Duarte Road intersection: As part of the 11.5-mile Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension light rail project, construction crews will work on the Southern half of California Avenue at the intersection of Duarte Road in Monrovia from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. from Monday through Saturday until February 2014. California Avenue will be closed. For more details, click "read more." Read More
Metro and Metrolink Alerts
- Metro Rapid Line 704: Metro Rapid line 704 will stop on westbound Santa Monica Boulevard at North Gardner Street and eastbound Santa Monica at Fuller Avenue beginning Dec. 15. Read More
- Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus: Due to Expo Line Phase II construction, Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus will temporarily close a number of Route 5 and Route 12 stops until further notice. Read More
- Expansion of parking spaces at Metrolink Station: A new 176-space parking lot at the Laguna Niguel/Mission Viejo Metrolink Station opened to the public on October 30. Read More
Bike Route Alerts
- San Gabriel River Bike Path: The San Gabriel River bike path will be closed through Jan. 9. Read More
- Coyote Creek Bike Path: Coyote Creek bike paths will be closed from Alondra Boulevard to Artesia Boulevard until May 2015. Read More
DUI / Drivers License Checkpoints
- Cities of Huntington Beach and La Habra: Friday, December 27, 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. Read More
- Cities of Santa Ana and Westminster: Friday, December 27, 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. Read More
- City of Anaheim: Saturday, December 28, 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. Read More
- City of Garden Grove: Tuesday, December 31, 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. Read More
DUI Saturation Patrols
- Cities of Seal Beach, Los Alamitos, and Westminster: Friday, December 27, 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. Read More
- City of Westminster: Saturday, December 28, 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. Read More
- City of Tustin: Monday, December 30, 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. Read More
- Cities of Anaheim and Placentia: Tuesday, December 31, 7:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. Read More
This story has been updated.