The first 15 streets to benefit from Mayor Eric Garcetti's Great Streets initiative will be announced tomorrow in Reseda.
The initiative is an effort to make roadways and sidewalks accessible to pedestrians and cyclists by creating plazas and planting vegetation. The mayor outlined that vision two months ago in his State of the City address. In that speech he mentioned several examples from his former council district that could serve as models.
The first 15 projects will be:
- Council District 1: North Figueroa Street between Avenue 50 & Avenue 60
- Council District 2: Lankershim Boulevard between Chandler & Victory
- Council District 3: Sherman Way between Wilbur & Lindley
- Council District 4: Western Avenue between Melrose & 3rd Street
- Council District 5: Westwood Boulevard between Le Conte & Wilshire
- Council District 6: Van Nuys Boulevard between Victory & Oxnard
- Council District 7: Van Nuys Boulevard between Laurel Canyon & San Fernando
- Council District 8: Crenshaw Boulevard between 78th Street & Florence
- Council District 9: Central Avenue between MLK Blvd & Vernon
- Council District 10: Pico Boulevard between Hauser & Fairfax
- Council District 11: Venice Boulevard between Beethoven & Inglewood
- Council District 12: Reseda Boulevard between Plummer & Parthenia
- Council District 13: Hollywood Boulevard between La Brea & Gower
- Council District 14: Cesar Chavez Avenue between Evergreen & St. Louis
- Council District 15: Gaffey St between 15th Street & the Harbor (110) Freeway
The mayor is expected to make a formal announcement tomorrow morning in Reseda.