Statewide water restriction passed a couple weeks ago by water regulators took effect Tuesday.
The measures adopted by the Water Resources Control Board on July 15 apply only to localities that don't already have mandatory restrictions in place in response to California's ongoing drought.
The key restrictions include:
- Not watering lawns or landscaping to the point where water flows down adjacent streets and sidewalks.
- Not hosing down driveways and sidewalks
- Not washing a car with a garden hose not fitted with an automatic shutoff nozzle.
- Not using drinking water in decorative fountains that do not recirculate the water
- Not watering lawns and landscaping outside designated watering days specified by local water agencies, or watering lawns and landscaping more than two days a week in the absence of designated days.