Los Angeles County prosecutors have filed more charges against two South Pasadena High School students in connection with what police say was a plot to kill students and staff at the campus.
The 16 and 17-year old boys were charged with conspiracy to commit murder and conspiracy to commit assault with a deadly weapon, the Los Angeles District Attorney's office said Monday.
A spokeswoman with the county District Attorney's office says both teens denied the charges in juvenile court Monday afternoon. Their names have not been released due to their ages.
The two had previously been charged with making criminal threats to another teen, who told authorities about the alleged plan. The two also denied those charges in an earlier court appearance.
The teens were arrested August 18, several days after police learned of the threat, which allegedly included plans to kill three school staff members and "random students," according to South Pasadena Police officials.
No weapons were found in their homes but police said the teens were researching weapons and how to make explosives.
Investigators had been keeping the teens under surveillance until they served search warrants on their homes.