Los Angeles County's mass transit agency has a new campaign to fight sexual harassment after a report found that many train and bus riders had been victims, the Associated Press reports.
"Sexual harassment is pervasive in our society, unfortunately, and we're not immune to it, but we know that this is a problem for our riders and we want them to know that we take it seriously," Marc Littman with the Metropolitan Transportation Authority told KPCC Thursday.
The campaign is called "It's Off Limits" and encourages witnesses and victims to report unwanted sexual behavior by using a hotline or smartphone app.
A recent survey of nearly 23,000 Metro riders found more than one in five said they had been a victim of unwanted sexual advances in the previous six months.
Metro released the following public service announcement on YouTube:
Officials say paper and video ads will be placed in buses and trains urging people to report incidents of sexual harassment, according to AP.
Here's one of the posters that has appeared on the system, according to Metro:
(L.A. Metro has launched a campaign called "It's Off Limits" to encourage witnesses and victims to report unwanted sexual behavior by using a hotline or smartphone app. Credit: Metro)