Police are seeking the public's help in the search for a man who raped a woman late Friday in her Boyle Heights home.
At about 12:30 a.m., the suspect, described as a Hispanic male in an LAPD statement, forced his way through an open window while the 30-year-old victim was sleeping in her house on the 1800 block of Pennsylvania Avenue.
According to the victim, the man removed all his clothes, except for his underwear, and raped her. He then put his clothes back on and left the residence.
The LAPD is asking anyone with information to call Detective Nguyen at 323-342-8992 during normal business hours. After-hours calls can be made to 877-527-3247, and anonymous tips can be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 800-222-8477.
- Male Hispanic
- Approximately 35 years old
- Brown, wavy hair
- Possible brown or hazel eyes
- 5-feet, 4-inches in height
- Approximately 150 pounds
- Noticeable scar on his upper lip
- Wearing gray hooded sweatshirt with blue side panels, blue jeans, black tennis shoes and a brown baseball cap at time of incident