The Metropolitan Transportation Authority on Tuesday kicks off a series of 10 meetings to hear from the public on a sales tax increase the agency hopes to put on the November ballot.
Last month, Metro released a draft plan for the ballot measure, which would add a half-cent sales tax for 40 years in Los Angeles County, and extend an existing half-cent sales tax. The revenue generated would fund construction of major transit, highway and biking projects.
Metro has proposed a project list and timeline it hopes to follow if two-thirds of county voters approve the ballot measure. The list includes a subway tunnel under the Sepulveda Pass, acceleration of work on the Purple Line subway to Westwood and an extension of the Gold Line to Claremont.
You can see the full list and timetable here.
Metro CEO Phil Washington stressed the proposal is only a draft.
"There's gonna be changes to the plan," he said. "But we're being responsible in putting out a plan that's going to address our needs now and for the next 100 years."
Metro will be gathering public input at the following meetings in April as well as through its website and a series of telephone town halls to be held in May.
- Tuesday, April 5, 2016 (6-8 p.m.) Agoura Hills Recreation and Event Center, 29900 Ladyface Circle, Agoura Hills
- Thursday, April 7, 2016 (6-8 p.m.) Grace T. Black Auditorium, 3130 Tyler Avenue, El Monte
- Monday, April 11, 2016 (6-8 p.m.) Marvin Braude Constitution Service Center, 6262 Van Nuys Boulevard, Los Angeles
- Thursday, April 14, 2016 (6-8 p.m.) Carson Community Center, Room C, 801 East Carson Street, Carson
- Tuesday, April 19, 2016 (6-8 p.m.) Larry Chimbole Cultural Center, 38350 Sierra Highway, Palmdale
- Thursday, April 21, 2016 (6-8 p.m.) Plummer Park Community Center, 7377 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood
- Saturday, April 23, 2016 (10 a.m. – 12 p.m.) Metro Headquarters, Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, Los Angeles
- Tuesday, April 26, 2016 (6-8 p.m.) Gateway Cities Council of Governments, 2nd Floor Conference Room, 16401 Paramount Boulevard, Paramount
- Thursday, April 28 2016, (6-8 p.m.) Rita Walters Learning Complex Auditorium, 915 West Manchester Avenue, Los Angeles
- Saturday, April 30, 2016 (10 a.m. – 12 p.m.) Virtual/Online Community Meeting. To attend, the public can log in at metro.net/theplan.