The trial of Enrique Marquez Jr., who bought the rifles used in the San Bernardino attack, is being pushed back from July 19, 2016 to March 21, 2017.
The change was requested in a filing from Marquez's attorneys last month and was granted by a judge on Friday. The lawyers had said that there's too much evidence to go through to make a July trial either practical or fair for their client.
The court agreed in its ruling that the case is unusual and complex enough to expect Marquez's team to be ready within time limits that are in the Speedy Trial Act. Marquez's lawyers said previously that the government's evidence includes more than 8,500 documents and 500 hours of audio interviews with witnesses.
Marquez has pleaded not guilty to conspiring with one of the San Bernardino shooters and providing material support to terrorists.
There is also a status conference and hearing date on motions set for March 6, 2017. Motions for that hearing have to be filed by Jan. 30, 2017, with the deadline for pre-trial motions and motions to suppress evidence set for Dec. 5, 2016 and the deadline for motions for that hearing set for Oct. 3, 2016.
Read the judge's ruling below: