Have an opinion on how the LAPD should choose its next police chief? Here's your chance to weigh in.
One way is an online survey, with the city of Los Angeles asking what leadership qualities and qualifications you want to see in the next chief. It also asks what the chief should prioritize, which initiatives should be pursued and other things that should be considered in the selection process. You can find the survey here.
The Los Angeles Board of Police Commissioners is also inviting members of the public to attend any of six community meetings this month to share their thoughts on the selection of the new police chief. Current LAPD Chief Charlie Beck will be retiring from the role on June 27.
- Tuesday, Feb. 13, 6:30 p.m., Wilmington Senior Center Community Room, 1371 Eubank Ave., Wilmington
- Thursday, Feb. 15, 6:30 p.m., AGBU Manoogian-Demirdjian School, 6844 Oakdale Ave., Canoga Park
- Saturday, Feb. 17, 10 a.m., Van Nuys City Hall, 14410 Sylvan St., Van Nuys
- Tuesday, Feb. 20, 6:30 p.m., Edwin Markham Middle School Auditorium, 1650 E. 104th St., Watts
- Wednesday, Feb. 21, 6:30 p.m., Montecito Heights Senior Center Community Room, 4545 Homer St., Montecito Heights
- Saturday, Feb. 24, 10 a.m., West LA Municipal Building Hearing Room, 1645 Corinth Ave., Sawtelle
This story has been updated.