Sheriff Jim McDonnell is back with his regular AirTalk check in.
Today, we’ll ask him about:
- A contentious emergency town hall meeting this week which heard complaints about three shootings by deputies in South L.A., one of which involved an allegedly armed 16-year-old boy who was killed in a deputy-involved shooting.
- Preliminary department statistics on decreasing crime rates in 2017.
- The L.A. Times investigation into a 2014 list of problem deputies, how much the Sheriff knew and District Attorney Jackie Lacey looking into those cases.
- How the first L.A. Sheriff’s civilian oversight panel is doing, one year in.
- Immigrant’s rights activists have been accusing the Sheriff of misleading the public over the level of LASD cooperation with ICE.
- The L.A. Sheriff’s body cam plan.
- LASD working on complying with federal law on prison rape.
- Over 500 human trafficking arrests in California in a statewide sting.
- The LASD’s outdated computer system.
Have a question for Sheriff Jim McDonnell? Call us at 866-893-5722.