AirTalk’s political experts look ahead to the week in politics and review some of the headlines you might’ve missed this weekend.
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner & response from WHCA and the White House itself
- Caravan of asylum-seekers at U.S.-Mexico border
- Mike Pence is in SoCal today touring border barrier construction site
- Mike Pompeo, confirmed as Secretary of State last week, is ending a four-nation tour through Middle East
- Ronny Jackson is out as VA Secretary nominee, and likely won’t return to White House job – who do they nominate next, will they do a better job of vetting?
- Latest on Korean peace talks
- Trade war looming as tariff exemptions set to expire – what does this mean for U.S.-China relations?
- On Friday, House Intelligence Committee cleared Trump campaign in Russian meddling
- A recap of Macron and Merkel visits (here’s a piece contrasting Trump’s relationship with the two leaders)
Lanhee Chen, research fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University; he was an adviser for Marco Rubio’s 2016 presidential campaign and served as policy director for the Romney-Ryan 2012 presidential campaign; he tweets @lanheechen