AirTalk’s political experts round up the headlines you might’ve missed over the weekend and look ahead to what’s to come from Washington D.C. and Sacramento in the week of political news ahead. Here are some of the headlines we’re following:
- Latest on missing Saudi journalist & diplomatic implications for U.S.-Saudi relationship (The President's call with king of Saudi Arabia, what we do and don’t know)
- Tumultuous end to the week for the stock market, the President blames the Fed -- can we glean anything concrete about the economy from this or is it just a one-off that folks probably shouldn’t read too much into?
- Nikki Haley resigns from U.N. post -- what will her future in the GOP be?
- Kavanaugh’s confirmation -- Washington Post/ABC poll on how Americans feel about his confirmation what’s next for him on Supreme Court
- Check-in on some of the important CA Congressional races -- (read Prof. Pitney’s op-ed)
- CNN poll on 2020 Democratic presidential candidates -- Biden, Sanders, Kamala Harris & Liz Warren top list of candidates Dem voters most want to see, according to poll