Larry Mantle and KPCC film critics Christy Lemire, Wade Major and Charles Solomon review this weekend’s new movie releases, including a deep dive on the summer's big hit, "Wonder Woman."
Is Wonder Woman a feminist icon? What does she represent to you? And how has she transformed since the days of comics and television to now? Call us at 866-893-7222.
Here's our list of reviews for today:
- "Wonder Woman" in wide release
- "Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie" in wide release
- "Handsome Devil" at Laemmle's Music Hall
- "Band Aid" at ArcLight Hollywood and The Landmark
- "Past Life" at Laemmle's Playhouse, Laemmle's Royal Theatre and Laemmle's Town Center
- "The Exception" at Laemmle's Royal Theatre
- "Churchill" in select theaters including several of the AMC, ArcLight and Laemmle's theaters
- "Dean" at ArcLight Hollywood and The Landmark
Host Alex Cohen also spoke with Demetri Martin during Morning Edition, you can listen to the interview here.
- "Tatara Samurai" at Regal Cinemas L.A. Stadium
- "The Death of Louis XIV" at Laemmle's Music Hall
- "Vincent N Roxxy" at Los Feliz
- "God of War" at AMC Atlantic Times Square
- "Maurice (1987)" re-release at Nuart Theatre
- Christy & Wade: "Wonder Woman," "Past Life" & "The Exception"
- Charles: "Handsome Devil"
- Christy: "Dean"
- Charles: "Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie" & "Tatara Samurai"
- Christy: "Vincent N Roxxy"
- Wade & Charles: "The Death of Louis XIV"
Wade Major, film critic for KPCC and host for IGN’s DigiGods.com