The legislative session comes to an end Sunday night in Sacramento.
Lawmakers have been busy weighing in on all sorts of bills about various issues:
- A potential plastic bag ban - a move supported by environmentalists - has been strongly opposed by plastic bag manufacturers.
- Fierce debate has taken place about whether ride sharing companies like Lyft and Uber should have to carry more insurance.
- Thursday lawmakers approved a bill that would require unambiguous consent among college students engaging in sexual activity.
- California is one of the only states in the west without regulation of groundwater use but that could change
- A new bill could be dubbed the "Donald Sterling bill."
- Some changes potentially in store for death certificates
Scott Detrow of member station KQED shares more on this week in Sacramento.