Halloween is on the horizon.
But just in case you can't wait to get your sugar fix, boy do we have a recipe for you!
It's a six-layer, milk soaked cereal cake with Frosted Flakes frosting.
Joining Take Two to share about it is King of Kitsch - Charles Phoenix. See the cake recipe below.
Phoenix is one of several fabulous guests who will be joining the show for the Take Two Birthday Bash at the Redcat Theater on this coming Thursday.
RECIPE: Six-layer milk soaked cereal cake with Frosted Flakes frosting
Cake (from top to bottom):
- Apple Jacks with Spice Cake
- Trix with Blue Velvet Cake
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch with Yellow Cake
- Peanut Butter Crunch with Chocolate Cake
- Froot Loops with Red Food Colored White Cake (Red Velvet Cake was not BRIGHT enough!)
- Cocoa Puffs with White Cake
- Fill six cake pans nearly to the brim, each with a different cereal.
- Pour each in separate bowl and add approx. one cup of whole milk, occasionally tossing to ensure that it absorbs evenly.
- When the cereal is milk-logged, pour off excess milk and drink (cuz it’s delicious).
- Now mix each with just enough batter to bind the cereal. Pour back into cake pans and bake.
- Cool cakes overnight in fridge.
Filling and Frosting:
- 7 tubs of vanilla frosting (set half a tub aside to crumb coat the cake)
- 1 large box Frosted Flakes
- Fold frosted flakes into vanilla frosting.
- Chill, fill and frost like you mean it!
- Don’t forget to crumb coat the cake with plain frosting before applying the fab frosted flake frosting.
- Finish with Lucky Charms Marbits, Trix, Froot Loops and Cocoa Puffs.
- Chill, present with much cereal fanfare and serve with style.
- Get out the electric knife and start sawing away.
- Serve with ice cold glasses of, what else, milk!