On the eve of tomorrow’s big — and very close — presidential election, get out the vote has become the final rallying cry on both sides of the ticket. Polls are tight, and the winner could very well be determined simply by whose supporters show up to vote.
To help voters get to the polls, all kinds of companies will be providing free and discounted rides November 8, including the following in the L.A. area:
- LA Yellow Cab is offering free taxi rides all day to callers who say they need to get to their polling place. (424) 222-2222.
- Lyft is giving a 45 percent discount on election day rides in 20 markets, including Orange County (but not Los Angeles), from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- General Motors' new car-sharing service Maven City is offering $5 off car share rentals to registered users with the promo code VOTE.
- Primetime Limousine is making its entire fleet of limos available to voters in Long Beach from 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. (562) 455-4665.
- Uber will feature a polling place locator on its app Tuesday to transport voters; new riders are eligible for a $20 credit.
- The car-sharing service Zipcar will make its rentals free from 6-10 p.m.
Voting has begun in California. KPCC is here for you and will help you develop your Voter Game Plan. Use our election guide to find your personalized ballot.