2016 was a great year for children's literature.
If one of your New Year's resolutions is to read more with your kids, some of the new books that came out in 2016 could be a great place to start.
Joanna Fabicon, Senior Librarian for Children's Services at the Los Angeles Public Library, offered some of her favorite picks:
- "Flora and the Peacocks" by Molly Idle
- "This is Not a Picture Book" by Sergio Ruzzier
- "Full of Beans" by Jennifer L. Holm
- "Booked" by Kwame Alexander
- "Jazz Day: The Making of a Famous Photograph" by Roxane Orgill
- "Be the Change: A Grandfather Gandhi Story" by Arun Ghandi
- "Ada Lovelace: Poet of Science" by Diane Stanley