This week on State of Affairs:
- President Trump threw his support behind a controversial new immigration bill — but if it goes through, it's Silicon Valley that could feel the pain.
- Governor Jerry Brown has been hard at work this summer recess trying to solve California's housing crisis. What does he have up his sleeve?
- Do the Democrats have a shot at taking back the House next year? One OC district could be the canary in the coal mine.
- Sherry Bebitch Jeffe, professor of public policy at USC
- Carla Marinucci, senior editor for Politico's California Playbook
Press the blue play button above to hear this week's conversation.