Today on State of Affairs, our weekly look at politics in the Golden State:
- Another prominent challenger could be eyeing Dianne Feinstein's Senate seat — longtime Democratic power player Tom Steyer.
- Former Trump strategist Steve Bannon is coming to Anaheim, but his presence could be making some Republicans nervous.
- This year, California Governor Jerry Brown signed 859 bills and vetoed 118. What could the Governor's choices tell us about his political philosophy?
USC professor of public policy, Sherry Bebitch Jeffe says Steyer's decision to run likely hinges on four considerations:
- The intensity of his frustration with Democratic lawmakers
- How hard is ego drives him
- Whether or not his entry helps or hurts Kevin de León and/or Dianne Feinstein.
- Democratic pressure on Steyer to stay out of the race and continue to fund the races needed to flip Congress