Today on State of Affairs:
- The fight over a controversial memo has put two California members of Congress in the spotlight, pitting Representatives Adam Schiff and Devin Nunes against each other.
- Meanwhile: Senator Dianne Feinstein gets by with a little help from her checkbook. Feinstein's $5 million campaign contribution puts her far ahead of challenger Kevin DeLeon.
- We're in the money: California's budget reserve is bulging — but what to do with all that dough?
- Jack Pitney, Roy P Crocker of politics at Claremont McKenna College
- Carla Marinucci, senior editor for Politico's California Playbook