Hosting an the Oscars viewing party this Sunday and wondering how to make it feel special? After all, you don't want guests to think they could've stayed home and watched the awards show in their pajamas.
Jordan Stringfellow is the owner of Jordi & Co., an event-planning and decor company. She's also a film buff who has hosted numerous Oscars viewing parties for her clients.
Here are her a few of her decor, dining and drinks tips so you can throw the perfect shindig.
- It's the 90th Academy Awards. An easy start is to get two large balloons that say "90" in a golden metallic color.
- Make movie-themed snacks... Deviled eggs are way to honor "Shape of Water" and an asparagus two-way celebrates "Phantom Thread." For "Get Out," serve at least one dessert or drink in a teacup.
- ...But don't get too obscure. You don't need to find a dish for every Best Picture nominee. Maybe skip the authentic WWII soldier's rations from "Dunkirk" and don't bother building three grilled cheese sandwich stands outside of Hollywood.
- Strike up the band. Download a few of the nominees for Best Original Music Score and compile your favorite tracks into a mega-playlist.
- Start early. The ceremony starts at 5 p.m. but you want your guests to arrive before then so they can mingle, get snacks and make catty comments about the best — and worst — red carpet outfits.