Scores of immigrant children separated from parents are at California facilities
(Starts at 0:43)
About 100 children removed from their parents at the U.S. Mexico border are now staying in child care facilities in California — including 16 kids aged eight to 17 in a Fullerton group home run by Crittenton Services for Children and Families.
- Rina Palta, KPCC Investigations Correspondent
(Starts at 6:41)
The fate of California’s assisted suicide law is in the hands of the courts. Last month a judge in Riverside overturned the law on a technicality. He said the state legislature didn’t follow proper procedures when it passed the law. On Friday, a state appellate court will hear arguments in an appeal of the judge’s ruling.
- Michelle Faust, KPCC’s healthcare reporter
Team Mexico vs. South Korea
(Starts at 11:47)
On Saturday, "El Tri" faced off against South Korea's soccer team in the world cup and emerged victorious. The final score was 2-1 with Mexico's team taking the win. It was a game Los Angeles was watching closely. If you didn't get a chance to witness the excitement yourself, you can check it in the recap below:
Plus, listen in our play by play to figure out what comes next.
- Andrea Canales, soccer commentator
Fox Entertainment is facing a talent mutiny over its relationship with Fox News
(Starts at 15:12)
Fox may have an uprising on its hands. More and more show runners and stars are openly speaking out against Fox Broadcasting Co. and 20th Century Fox TV’s association with Fox News.
- On Monday, the Academy will announce the new members it’s inviting this year. This is the third year of invitations after #OscarsSoWhite, and is likely to continue the Academy’s trend of inviting larger, more diverse classes. One person who won’t be on the list: Oscar winner Kobe Bryant.
- Now, that her colleagues are moving on with a new show, The Conners, Roseanne Barr has regrets
A dinosaur expert weighs in on the latest Jurassic World film
(Starts at 23:17)
This weekend, "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom," raked in an estimated $150 million.
It's the fifth installment in the Jurassic Park franchise...and our second segment in our ongoing series, Movies with experts. Here's how it works: A Martinez goes to see a movie that centers around a particular subject, and an expert on that subject tags along. Afterwards, we discuss.
For "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom," our expert told us about the film franchises shift in focus since the 1993 film.
- Dr. Luis Chiappe, head of the dinosaur institute at the Los Angeles Museum of Natural History.