State of Affairs
This week on State of Affairs: What happened to California's once-massive cache of medical supplies? And - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is pushing for oversight as the federal government shells out trillions to keep the economy afloat. We'll look at how the Trump administration is taking to it.
- Carla Marinucci, senior editor for Politico's California Playbook
- Zach Courser, co-director of the Policy Lab at Claremont McKenna College
Ask an Expert: All Things Coronavirus
As we move into our third week of staying at home and continue to adjust to the new rhythm of our lives, your questions about the coronavirus and COVID-19 have not slowed down. So, let's take some time to answer them.
- Dr. Robert Kim-Farley, UCLA's Fielding School of Public Health and former staffer with the Centers For Disease Control
Coronavirus Yucaipa Nursing Home
Health officials are monitoring a cluster of COVID-19 infections at a Yucaipa nursing home. So far, two residents have died at the facility. KPCC reporter Robert Garrova has been looking into what can be done in situations like this where extremely vulnerable populations are faced with an outbreak in close quarters.
Coronavirus Special Education Students
The coronavirus has forced schools everywhere to reinvent themselves on the fly. School buildings are shut down and state leaders say they’re unlikely to reopen before summer so many are moving to online or distance learning programs. But the shift has been really hard on students with disabilities. There are nearly 250-thousand children receiving special education services in L.A. and Orange counties. Many rely on therapies that schools aren’t used to offering from afar.
- Kyle Stokes, KPCC's Education Reporter
- Carla Javier, KPCC's Arts Education Reporter
Dating Under Quarantine
If we’ve all been adhering to the stay at home order issued two weeks ago...it’s undoubtedly caused disruptions in many aspects of our lives including matters of the heart. So how do you find love in the time of coronavirus? And if you find it, how do you keep it?
- Damona Hoffman, host and producer of The Dates & Mates Show, a podcast on love and relationships
Weekend Preview: Music
Finally, stretch those quarantined muscles by hosting a dance party in your own living room. KPCC's Leo Duran brings some music suggestions to help build your playlist so you can shake right at home.
- Leo Duran, KPCC's Take Two Producer and Reporter