Joe Biden Chooses Kamala Harris To Be His Running Mate
Joe Biden picks Kamala Harris to be his running mate - making her the first Black woman to be on a major presidential ticket.
- Ange Marie Hancock Alfaro, Chair of the Department of Political Science & International Relations at USC
- Christina Bellantoni, Former assistant managing editor for the LA Times… now the director of USC's Annenberg Media Center.
Los Angeles is home to more charter schools than any other city in the nation. An estimated 118,000 children attend charters in L.A. — Charter schools in Los Angeles are complaining that local officials’ plans to implement a new law, part of Assembly Bill 1505, could put their schools at risk.
- Kyle Stokes, KPCC's Education Reporter
Restaurant critics are known to rate the quality and taste of food, among other criteria... but a restaurant critic in Orange County has launched a new system that rates restaurants by how well they comply with COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Brad A Johnson, restaurant critic for the Orange County Register, to talk about his "COVID Comfort Rating system."
Today, the Pac-12 Conference postponed all fall sports including football with the hope of playing in the spring.That means, for now, schools like USC and UCLA will not be able to renew their sports rivalries.
- Kenneth Shropshire, CEO of the Global Sport Institute and Distinguished Professor of Global Sport at Arizona State University
Educators have a lot on their plate as they start the new year. Both in how they'll teach and in what they'll prioritize while teaching. Following this summer of protests calling out systemic racism one superintendent of a local school district issued a commitment to anti-racism. Dr. Ben Drati is the Superintendent of the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District where the student population is over 10,000 students...Dr. Drati grew up in Pasadena after his family immigrated here from Uganda. And he was moved to make a statement on how he'd lead the District to integrate anti-racism into the curriculum following the death of George Floyd.