STATE OF AFAIRS
This week, California congressman Kevin McCarthy and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi have been going toe to toe. It all stems from the newly-elected representative from the state of Georgia who forced the House's decision to strip Marjorie Taylor Greene of her committee seats.
- Marisa Lagos, correspondent for KQED’s California politics and government desk
- Zach Courser, Co-director of the Policy Lab at Claremont McKenna College
DROUGHT CHECK-IN: WHAT'S GOING ON WITH CA WATER
Last Fall much of California was DRY, like in the Extreme Drought range, so we wanted to know what last week's soaking got us.
- Jacob Margolis, Science Reporter at KPCC
CHILD CARE PROVIDER COULD BE NEXT IN LINE FOR VACCINES
Child care providers are in the next cohort of people eligible for Covid vaccines. We'll lay out what we know (and what we don't) about how they can get vaccinated.
- Mariana Dale, Early Childhood Education Reporter at KPCC
RACE IN LA: JARVEY TERVALON
We listen to the latest installment in our Race in L.A. series, where we ask Angelenos how race and identity shape their day-to-day lives. The hope is that these stories fuel meaningful, authentic conversations about our lived experiences as a certain race or ethnicity.
- Jervey Tervalon, contributor and award-winning author
We talk with director and producer Samantha Stark about a new New York Times documentary called "Framing Britney Spears" that examines the court-sanctioned conservatorship Spears entered into at the age of 26 when her father, as well as a lawyer, became the managers of her financial and personal affairs.
- Samantha Stark, Director & Producer of 'The NewYork Times Presents' and of the new documentary 'Framing Britney Spears'